· Identify the symptoms and presentations of various Neuro-cognitive Disorders such as Alzheimer's Disease, Vascular Dementia, Alcohol-Related Dementia and Delirium.
· Analyze the symptoms, course of illness of Parkinson's Disease and their relationship to Alzheimer's Disease.
· Identify and describe treatment options/long term care issues in managing symptoms of confusion and disorientation associated with various Neuro-Cognitive Disorders.
· Identify and describe how depression, bipolar disorders. psychotic and anxiety disorders manifest themselves in late adulthood and how to make differential diagnosis between mood disorders and neuro-cognitive disorders.
· Describe and analyze the medication and psycho-active substance misuse and abuse in the elderly population.
· Discuss grief and loss issues in the elderly and identify the risk factors useful for managing suicide risk in the senior population.
· Describe and identify the special challenges for the mental health of LGBT seniors.