1. Identify risk factors for suicide and self-harming behaviors in individuals who experiences significant psycho-social stressors and severe chronic mental disorders
2. Summarize risk assessment strategies and protocols in the evaluation of suicide risk
3. Recognize the common pitfalls and errors in working with clients in crisis and at risk for suicide.
4. Develop and apply techniques and strategies in working with clients in crisis.
5. Identify and apply appropriate suicide risk management approaches as lifelines for clients.
6. Present and summarize self-injurious/self-harming behaviors and how they differ from suicide gestures and attempts.
7. Develop and apply assessment and treatment strategies in working with youths and adolescent clients who engage in self-harming behaviors.