1. Define the term trauma informed care and identify the components of a trauma-informed approach to care.
2. Understand the impact and adverse childhood experiences on developing children and be able to recall the three categories of ACEs.
3. Identify the window of tolerance and and describe the states of hyper-and hypo-arousal.
4. Apply at least three mindfulness skills used to help clients engage with the present moment and increase their windows of tolerance.
5. Apply two distress tolerance techniques to assist clients in reducing impulsive behaviors and increase emotional regulation when stress response is activated.
6. Revise at least one program rule, policy, or guideline in order to increase program's culture of trauma-informed care.