1. Identify and analyzes diagnostic protocol involving
using of symptom clusters, clinical/psycho-social history, diagnostic hierarchy
in making accurate and proper differential diagnoses.
2. Discuss the common errors that users might make in the
use of this manual in assessment and diagnosis.
3. Outline a procedure in arriving proper diagnosis
integrating mental status evaluation, clinical and psycho-social history.
4. Compare and analyze what remain the same and what are
the differences in the classification of mental disorders between DSM-4 and
5. Explain and discusses the elimination of the 5-Axis
diagnostic system of DSM-4 and how it impacts on making multiple diagnoses.
6. Describe and explains the DSM-5 format in the
presentation of clinical diagnoses, the organization of the Manual based on a
7. Analyze and explain how a dimensional approach is
integrated with existing categorical descriptions of mental disorders.